If you remember, a while back, I showed you this idea I found on a fabulous blog called Knight Moves:
I fell in love with the idea because I'd been struggling with curtains for this room. I just couldn't find the right print and color I wanted without paying a fortune for custom window treatments. I fell in love with it even more when I read that this awesome print was a duvet from Walmart, for only $29.99. Seriously, I couldn't get to Walmart.com fast enough and order one for myself.
When I got it, I opened it up and felt the fabric, expecting something cheap and thin, but it actually felt pretty good for the price.
So, once I finally got the walls and floors done, I opened up my duvet and stared at it for a while. I was scared to cut it, to do anything with it quite frankly. But I figured hey, if I mess it up, I can afford another one.
I started with the seams, ripping the top and bottom of the duvet apart, stitch by stitch. Then, I ironed the edges of the seams down, folded it in half and ironed a line down the middle, then cut it in half right on the line.
And there you have it. My very own window mistreatments, as The Nester would refer to them.