Skip to main content

Progress

We got our new carpet in last week and we are loving it! As I mentioned before, it's the new Martha Stewart carpet at Home Depot, and even the guys putting it in were talking about how soft it is! What's even better - it is so affordable and has a lifetime stain warranty! (And no, they aren't paying me to say this stuff!!)

Here's my crazy Lucy, checking out the carpet the first time. We have spent every evening hanging out on the floor, just enjoying the softness of it. I considered hardwoods in here, but I wanted to go for a cozy feel, and so glad I did!

Also, I'm going to share some pics of the progress of my new room, but be warned I still have a long way to go! I am getting a lot of inspiration from reading other blogs, so wanted to share my fun finds with you guys as well!

I've almost finished painting the room, doing it myself instead of paying Hugo who quoted me $350.00 for the room - no thank you Hugo. The color I chose is the same color Sherry and John used in their living room, from Young House Love. It's Glidden's Sand White, but I actually mixed it using the Behr Premium Plus primer and paint in one. This is the first time I've tried the primer and paint in one, and it is wonderful!


I've been searching high and low for a window treatment for the room, and didn't want to pay to have something custom made. I was reading La Dolce Vita two weeks ago and saw this idea from Knight Moves using a $25.00 duvet cover from Wal-Mart!!




























I haven't actually hung mine up yet, but I did stick them up by the windows, and I'm excited about how it's going to turn out! Here are some in process pics, plus the new consignment couch I found at Classic Treasures in Durham! Once I'm done painting, the floors will go in and then comes the fun part - accessories!


Your input, opinions and ideas are welcome!

Comments

  1. Ewww.. love the window treatment pattern.. very cute. I have heard about ths carpet but havent actually experienced it myself. I've heard good things, though, and it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are fabulous and what a deal to find it at Walmart! That is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just found you via Brooklyn Limestone. I love your blog and think we should be friends.

    Let me know what you think.

    I am in the middle of doing our guest room in an eerily similar manner. Same duvet. Same color scheme. Ha!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. carpet looks comfy! and that inspiration photo is to die for!! LOVE! good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to watch the transformations! It's going to be lovely! I'm working on the nursery in my house, & talk about slow progress...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you all think! Thanks for visiting and let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Cards (The New Calling Card)

I came across this budding trend online and thought - what a great idea! I have people that occasionally ask for my blog address and wouldn't it be great to have a blog card with just my blog address on it to give to people? I guess you could say it's the new calling card. It can make your blogging duties feel much more ligit and even promote your blog if it's something you're trying to profit from.


moo.com has templates for mini cards that would be perfect for blog cards. Cathe at Just Something I Madeposted some great examples of blog cards she's used in the past to promote her blog -
see below image from her blog:

Let me know if you need a design and I can put something together for you!

Come On Get Happi with Happikins™

One of my girlfriends is a fabulous entrepreneur with several successful businesses under her belt. Her most recent endeavor reaches past general consumerism and takes a creative and fun approach to the impact we make on the environment.

Meet Happikins: There are 18,760 pounds of unnecessary lunchtime waste generated by the average elementary school each year. Paper napkins contribute to this waste — and they're also a drain on expenses. Did you know most kids use $200 worth of paper napkins a year?
Happikins are reusable cloth napkins designed specifically for kids. They can even be used as place mats for children who have food allergies. Happikins™ are a fun and easy way to teach your child the importance of making smart environmental choices. Oh, and wiping the crud off the corners of their mouths. You can choose from 3 sets of Happikins:
Each set of Happikins comes with five napkins and a durable pouch that makes a nice home for the napkins and fits nicely in a lunchbox. You can ev…

December 30th

It's the quiet days that sometimes get to me. I just got off the phone with my mom. I told her I have cabin fever. She said, "You probably won't be someone who should retire."

I replied, "I don't ever plan to".

This year Christmas was a bit slower, a bit quieter than usual. Maybe because everyone is getting a bit older, there are no babies around to cry or wail, and my grandparents seemed so feeble. With my uncle's passing this year, Mike having to work the day after Christmas and my dad not around - such a significant absence of the male figures that had always been there over the holidays.

My mother had bronchitis, and my nephew the flu. Walker and I both ended up with awful colds that we're still trying to get over.

My parents were kind to one another, amicable and friendly.

The presents were plentiful and Santa exceeded expectations.

The three sons/cousins/grandsons were happy and hyper.

So much buildup, and it always goes by too fast. I'…