Skip to main content

Comfort Food & The Good Life

The latest issue of House Beautiful features the first cookbook from Blackberry Farms, and the recipes look wonderful. The cookbook is available starting 20 October and would make a great Christmas or birthday gift for the aspiring chef in your life! I can't wait to pick up a copy so I can try several of the recipes for Thanksgiving dinner. The author of the book, Sam Beall, who was raised on the farm, is actually going to be taping the Martha Stewart Show on 23 October, so be sure to catch that as well!
Blackberry Farms is located in Tennessee and is considered one of America's best small luxury hotels. It combines southern sophistication and country charm into one beautiful package of rolling hills. Although I've never actually visited, it certainly will make the 10th wedding anniversary list.

About the Cookbook: Recipes for the Good Life.
Blackberry Farm's premier farm-to-table restaurant blends traditional Appalachian cooking with elevated techniques of New Southern chefs — the same spirit celebrated in proprietor Sam Beall's new cookbook. Woven among recipes are stories about the history of the region and photographs that capture the character of this magical place. Whether you’ve visited before or are here for the first time, let The Blackberry Farm Cookbook bring you back to the good life.


About Blackberry Farms: In 1940, Mrs. Florida Lasier of Chicago snagged her silk stockings on a wild blackberry bramble while exploring the idyllic Smoky Mountain foothills, and Blackberry Farm was born. Thirty-six years later, the Beall family invested their hearts and souls in the same romantic site that became their family home and lifelong passion. Today, one of America's most celebrated intimate luxury hotels beckons discerning guests who aspire to escape modern-day frenzy and slip into a Blackberry state of mind. Situated on a pastoral 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains, Blackberry Farm will show you the many reasons why the 2004 Zagat Survey rated our property as the #1 Small Hotel in America.

Comments

  1. OK...I must be seriously disturbed. Why do I live in TN and have never heard of this fabulous place?! I am ashamed! I will have to go google now. That would be an awesome gift! Hope your having a great day! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe that could be our next trip! i've always wanted to go but it's VERY pricey. oh well. mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Blackberry Farms. Their omelets are to. die. for. My brother knows Sam and works with him a great deal on the wines that they serve (my brother is a wine importer) so when he comes in town he stays on the property. Random fact - Did you know Sam's parents are the ones that started Ruby Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you all think! Thanks for visiting and let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Gift Bag Tags

Two years ago, for Walker's Star Wars birthday, I created Yoda tags to attach to the gift bags for the party. Little did I know these bag tags would become so popular on Pinterest! To date, these tags have been repinned almost 500 times!!! So I thought since there's so much interest, I'd add them to my Etsy shop . So now, for just $8.00 - you can receive the file electronically and print them for yourself! I jazzed them up a bit with some sliver glitter puff paint on the light saber and some silver ribbon to attach to the dollar store bags. Print as many or as few as you want! So, if you are planning a Star Wars party, check them out ! And may the force be with you!

Baby Shower Inspiration Boards

I got all excited about the baby shower inspiration board contest over at Sippycups Are for Chardonnay , but only ended up submitting this first one on time. I managed to pull the second together this weekend just for kicks and loved the colors, so thought I'd share here. The first board is call "Nesting Instincts" and the second is "Over the Rainbow". I think I could get addicted to creating these things.

Giveaway - Free Headers!

Hi everyone! Since I didn't even realize I passed my 200th post until now, I've decided to host a giveaway! Here's the deal...I'm giving away two free blog headers to two lucky readers. If you've just had a blog makeover or don't need a new header, leave a comment on behalf of one of your other blog friends and I'll add another entry for them! I'll announce the winners next Wednesday, 18 February. Here are the rules: 1. Leave a comment and be entered once. 2. Leave a comment and become a follower to be entered twice . If you become a follower or if you're already a follower make sure you let me know in your comment. 3. Leave a comment, become a follower, and do a post about my giveaway on your blog to be entered three times. Here's my latest satisfied client: The Pink Clutch