Skip to main content

Is It Too Early...

to put up Halloween decorations? I don't really care...I already have them up even though my husband thinks I'm crazy.

My sister and I both love Halloween - and when I say I love, I mean it makes us all giddy inside, like we've been eating chocolate for three days straight. We love any kind of Halloween decoration, Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin, and all of the fun activities surrounding the big day. I don't know where this comes from - maybe we just had so much fun as kids at Halloween. Living in the country, you couldn't really do trick-or-treating door-to-door, but my mom would always pile us in the car and take us to people's houses to fill up our plastic candy bags with the reflector stickers. I remember my grandmother would always have a special treat for us and we'd always go to the Halloween carnival at my mom's school.

Soooooo...I've got to pass these traditions on to the little guy, right? To kick off this Halloween season, I hit up Target last weekend with my little man. We had a blast and spent about two hours in the Halloween section trying on costumes and playing with the noisy decorations.

Here's my guy, as Darth Vader (it looks cute with the Mickey Mouse T-shirt, right?). He puts it on and he says, right on cue, "Luke...I am your faaaaather...."

untitled

Then there was this little dancing ghost. Dancing ghost, yeah, we've seen that before, but this ghost dances to "The Way I Are" by Timbaland. That was hilarious.


ghost

Then, the fun little stuff I picked up for the house. I mean, how cute are those candy corn cups? And I figure I can use the monster cereal bowls all year long. I thought this stuff was cute, but not scary - and they have tons more that go with this line to throw a fun Halloween party!

IMG_6884

Comments

  1. Absolutely not too early!! Enjoy the fun and keep it light-hearted!! A time that I always associated with CANDY!! and the color ORANGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put mine up a couple weeks ago! though i haven't ventured to the outside with them yet. Will start that this weekend! I love Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely not too early to set up halloween decorations... as long as they come down november first and are promptly replaced by thanksgiving decor! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Halloween so it's never too early in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with Halloween as well and actually just got back from Target! I am trying to hold off until October 1 to decorate

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, not too early for Halloween! A note to Target, though, it is too early for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is that??!!
    No, not too early b/c of the fact: there is not another Holiday until Halloween....
    See!!???
    But I do love decorating for fall...I'm putting out my decor this weekend! EEKKK!!! You got me all giddy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, It's never too early to decorate for Halloween. My mom does it on the 1st of October.

    Your son looks tooooo cute

    I love halloween at Hobby Lobby and Target
    Too many cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought a bunch of Halloween decorations today to put up this week at our house.

    AUGUST isn't even too early in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Halloween too! The decorations are so fun! I say if Hobby Lobby already has out Christmas stuff then you can definitely decorate for Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Halloween too! I think it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Hallowen too. I started pulling out my decorations last weekend and my husband looked at me like I was crazy...I am trying to show a little restraint till the beginning of Oct though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course it's not too early! We've been brainstorming costumes for almost a month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. heck not its not too early! I would put them up in August if i could :) oh man i just love halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  15. heck not its not too early! I would put them up in August if i could :) oh man i just love halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you all think! Thanks for visiting and let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Gift Bag Tags

Two years ago, for Walker's Star Wars birthday, I created Yoda tags to attach to the gift bags for the party. Little did I know these bag tags would become so popular on Pinterest! To date, these tags have been repinned almost 500 times!!! So I thought since there's so much interest, I'd add them to my Etsy shop . So now, for just $8.00 - you can receive the file electronically and print them for yourself! I jazzed them up a bit with some sliver glitter puff paint on the light saber and some silver ribbon to attach to the dollar store bags. Print as many or as few as you want! So, if you are planning a Star Wars party, check them out ! And may the force be with you!

Baby Shower Inspiration Boards

I got all excited about the baby shower inspiration board contest over at Sippycups Are for Chardonnay , but only ended up submitting this first one on time. I managed to pull the second together this weekend just for kicks and loved the colors, so thought I'd share here. The first board is call "Nesting Instincts" and the second is "Over the Rainbow". I think I could get addicted to creating these things.

A Jewel Kade Giveaway!

My friend Cristina sent me an e-mail about some great new jewelry she's selling that is right up my alley! I think it's fun, eclectic, original and affordable! If you haven't yet heard of Jewel Kade, you will soon! The collection consists of handcrafted charms, bracelets and necklaces with a vintage, urban and romantic feel. Here are some of my favorite pieces, picked directly from Cristina's site . Aren't they fun??? You know I love the Halloween ones!!! I'm gonna give you a necklace and charm free!!! Here's what you get if you are the lucky winner! To enter, leave me a comment and tell me which charm is your favorite and why? For two entries, Tweet this content, then come back here and tell me. The winner will be announced Friday, 22 October. If you're interested in learning more about Jewel Kade or if you live in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area and would like to host a party, e-mail Cristina: cristinagarner at nc dot rr dot com. Also, th