I live in Durham, NC and I love this town. Although Durham is sometimes incorrectly judged by people that have not visited or lived here, it's really starting to make people stop and rethink what they think they knew about Durham.
Just a couple of exciting news bits about this town I call home:
- US News and World Report has ranked Durham as one of the top 10 places to live for 2009!
- The New York Times recently visited and wrote about The Scrap Exchange, the old cow store Mexican food joint(Taqueria La Vaquita) and Eno Park!
- The June 2009 issue of Men’s Journal magazine names Watts-Hillandale in Durham as one of the best neighborhoods in the southeast (we want to live there one day!). The magazine says that the Bull City may not be as well known as Chapel Hill or as large as Raleigh, but it is a city where “sweet tea sidles up to espresso."
- Here's a recent Durham tour guide, from Design Sponge - I love the photos!
- We have a brand, new, most fabulous performing arts center
- And.... Colin Firth and Orlando Bloom have just finished filming their new movie, Main Street, in downtown Durham. (by the way, I hear they are both so very nice and so much more handsome in person).
So, anywho, that's where I live. We love it here, and looks like everyone else is finally starting to love it too!