Skip to main content

Green is the New Black

Let's face it, being green is no longer just for the crunchy types, the granolas or the hippies. You can be green and still be cute and preppy. For example, I'm wearing my J. Crew green cotton slacks today...hee hee hee...

But seriously, I'm seeing so many people at the grocery with reusable bags, an expanded supply of organic food choices at the local grocery and the whole green thing can certainly bode well when economic times are tough. For example, growing your own small garden, cutting back on heating and cooling and using less water are all things good for the environment and good for your pocketbook too.

I have one idea about how this world could go a little greener - think about all of those store receipts that are printed every day that most people just throw away. Can we just go without them? Start a receipt recycling program? I hate those little things floating around in my purse. I just check my bank balance online like 5 times a day and that's all I need.

There is one thing I can't go green on yet: Paper Towels. I love paper towels. I think I once read that Julia Roberts has a love for paper towels too. I just can't stand picking up a wet dishcloth to wipe with. Gives me the heebie jeebies. Maybe there's a program out there for people like us - I'll Google it.

I'm all over the place here, but I'll leave you guys with this. And I just have to say I was appalled when my own son didn't have a clue who Kermit was when we saw a picture of him at Disney. I used to be obsessed with the little guy and I even have a Kermit charm on my charm bracelet. Clearly I need to find some Muppet movies on DVD.

Comments

  1. Let's just say my paper towel and zip lock bag obsession and (over)use would not sit well with Al Gore...along with many other things I do- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a paper towel and ziploc obsession!! just seems to be 2 things I can't live without!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper towels - yeah I feel you. I use several on a daily basis. I use a sponge and plastic gloves if I handwash dishes, I just am so grossed out by food on the plate, people's germs, wet soggy food, crusted on food, ugh it makes me want to vom.

    Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some things in life that I cannot bring myself to use actual cloth on.....say pet accidents. ICK!

    I love me some Kermie Baby! He rocks!!!

    Happy Earth Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. grocery stores like whole foods have some great "greener" options when it come to paper towels- unbleached and some are even made from post-consumer recycled materials. maybe you could give them a try to deal with you paper towel guilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a paper towel obsession as well. I use them all the time and I can't sit down to eat a meal unless I have one in my hand. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here... dish cloths are just NASTY! Paper towels all the way for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God forbid I not have paper towels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Kermit too! And I am not ready to give up my paper towels either....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm slowly breaking my addiction to paper towels. I am using old t-shirts and towels for dusting and cleaning rags but it's hard for me to not use paper towels in the kitchen. I guess it's a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paper towels rock!! There are some things I cannot be "green" in my household!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you all think! Thanks for visiting and let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Gift Bag Tags

Two years ago, for Walker's Star Wars birthday, I created Yoda tags to attach to the gift bags for the party. Little did I know these bag tags would become so popular on Pinterest! To date, these tags have been repinned almost 500 times!!! So I thought since there's so much interest, I'd add them to my Etsy shop . So now, for just $8.00 - you can receive the file electronically and print them for yourself! I jazzed them up a bit with some sliver glitter puff paint on the light saber and some silver ribbon to attach to the dollar store bags. Print as many or as few as you want! So, if you are planning a Star Wars party, check them out ! And may the force be with you!

Baby Shower Inspiration Boards

I got all excited about the baby shower inspiration board contest over at Sippycups Are for Chardonnay , but only ended up submitting this first one on time. I managed to pull the second together this weekend just for kicks and loved the colors, so thought I'd share here. The first board is call "Nesting Instincts" and the second is "Over the Rainbow". I think I could get addicted to creating these things.

Giveaway - Free Headers!

Hi everyone! Since I didn't even realize I passed my 200th post until now, I've decided to host a giveaway! Here's the deal...I'm giving away two free blog headers to two lucky readers. If you've just had a blog makeover or don't need a new header, leave a comment on behalf of one of your other blog friends and I'll add another entry for them! I'll announce the winners next Wednesday, 18 February. Here are the rules: 1. Leave a comment and be entered once. 2. Leave a comment and become a follower to be entered twice . If you become a follower or if you're already a follower make sure you let me know in your comment. 3. Leave a comment, become a follower, and do a post about my giveaway on your blog to be entered three times. Here's my latest satisfied client: The Pink Clutch