Dr. Oz has a new book coming out You: Being Beautiful and he was promoting it on Oprah yesterday, all the while giving out some great beauty tips! I was up last night at midnight watching it (love my DVR!) and it had some great tips. I want to get this book too!
Paula Begoun was on the show, and she was recommending affordable skin and beauty products. Her website has a section where she reviews all types of products and some great information.
Here are some of the tips Dr Oz gave on the show yesterday:
- Install a charcoal filter in your shower – it cleans out the chlorine that drys out your hair
- After you shower, comb hair with a plastic wide-toothed comb and always use a brush with rubber tips. Your hair should be treated like a fine silk blouse.
- To help slow the signs of aging, use creams with vitamin C, A or licorice extract. Also, apply niacin cream on your skin and exfoliate
Recommended Products from the Show
- CeraVe hydrating cleanser price $12.00
- Olay foaming face wash price $7.00
- Alpha Hydrox the original Enhanced lotion with 10% Glycolic AHA price $12.00
Moisturizers With Anti Oxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A
- Olay Regenerist Serum price $19.00
- Clinique Moisture in control price $38.00
- Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement price $60.00
Night Lip Care (If you do this, you’ll never have chapped lips again!)
- Prescriptives Lip Specialist Triple Action Therapy price $15.00
- Neutrogena Lip Nutrition price $7.59
- Loreal Bare naturale price $9.95 / last thing to put on before you go to bed.
- CitreShine Serum price $6.99 and
- Got2be Crazy sleek styling lotion price $4.49 could be purchased in drugstores
- Wet2straight Flat iron
- Revlon 1875 blow dryer
To Treat Dry Heels
- Rub Alcohol free STRIDEX pads over heel Price $5.99
- After this, apply 100% Cocoa butter price $2.15, Vaseline price $1.82 or Eucerin original moisturizer price $13.70.
- After you rub your heels with cream, put on a pair of socks and in a week your heels will feel smooth.