Skip to main content

Southern Women

I snapped this picture at the Carolina Inn last weekend. It's my mother-in-law (on the right), her best friend (in the middle) and her first-cousin, basically her sister.

When I snapped the picture, they made me promise I wouldn't put it on Facebook, but I told them I would put it on my blog because to me, they are the epitome of southern women: strong, beautiful, sassy and classy.

IMG_9362

"The biggest myth about Southern women is that we are frail types--fainting on our sofas...nobody where I grew up every acted like that. We were about as fragile as coal trucks." --Lee Smith

Comments

  1. what a great picture! and what a great place the Carolina Inn is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully strong set of gorgeous ladies...just what we all want to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " ... about as fragile as coal trucks." I love it, as well as the photo & your festive new header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an adorable picture! I can't imagine why they wouldn't want it plastered all over facebook. So cute. Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great picture! You are right it does show how sassy and strong southern women are! I love the quote also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture and the Lee Smith quote. Lee Smith just did a fundraiser at Fosters in Chapel Hill. She is a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture & totally agree with the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love, Love this photo! There is a reason southern women are called "steel magnolias"! Beautiful to look at but made of steel! Thank you for sharing this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful photo. 3 classy southern women. We should all be so lucky to look this good!! No women are as stong as Southern women. Don't get me wrong~ I still expect my yes mams and please and thank yous and my car door opened!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photo AND the Carolina Inn. It's our favorite place to stay when we visit our son in Chapel Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great photo! Our family always takes photos on that bench when we visit the CI for Christmas tea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for posting this Wendy! I adore this photo. All 3, women to look up to & admire. Gratefully, "Daughter of the middle". :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you all think! Thanks for visiting and let me know you were here!